Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 20

Nov 20th : Day 20

Today I will be thankful that I didn't have the MOST expensive speeding ticket at the courthouse... only the second most.... $220 OUCH! Learned my lesson there! That's a whole week of work right there!

So today was fun.... I decided I didn't want to pay for parking downtown, so I parked in a church parking lot that is free (for members) and there is a sign that says violators will be towed.. well how would they know if I was a violator? So just in case, I put my bible on the passenger seat so they knew I was a christian. The church parking lot is a bit aways from the courthouse, so I thought it would be good to get some exercise in. So I walk.. eh... lets say 7 blocks to the courthouse and go through security and find the room that says "Traffic Court", I go and ask if this is where I need to be, They look at my ticket.... I'M IN THE WRONG BUILDING!!! The building I NEED to be in is, you guessed it... right. next. to. the. church. So by this time I am LATE! I hustle over the the MUNICIPAL courthouse go through THEIR security, find my room and go to check in. She asked my name, I say "Matthew Gerdin, G-E-R-D-I-N. she responds "I don't see your name on here." I hang her my ticket, she says "Today is the 20th.... Your court date is the 21."

What a day! Luckily it wasn't a problem and they were able to do it today instead. WOW!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I am thankful that my life produces fun stories like that, but also thankful that it doesn't happen... too often.

Thanks for reading.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment