Monday, November 5, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness : Day 5

[remember, remember] The Fifth of November : Day 5

So this past week or so I have been thinking a LOT about my summer, and I have been having an overwhelming sense of thankfulness because of it. CSM (Center for Student Missions) was such an amazing opportunity to meet some EXTRAORDINARY people. Not only was I able to work along side 6 other Godly, uplifting and super rad co-workers, I was able to gain insight to working the ins and outs of nonprofits in an urban setting. The men and women who run, coordinate, and dedicate their ENTIRE LIVES to the missions that are running faithfully everyday in the city of Philadelphia are truly inspiring!

(Breauna, Brittany, Amy, Me, John, Katie, Kathleen)

On Saturday after work, I stopped by Whole Foods and then to Barnes and Nobles, next door to check out a book that was just published, recognizing 50 of the most influential nonprofit entrepreneurs in the United States. One of the men profiled is Ray Gant, co-founder of Ray of Hope, a man that I was able to personally meet and work with, and now can call a friend. WOAH!! Can you believe this? I know someone that is in a book? SO COOL! Check out the book! Its called Everyday Heroes : 50 Americans Changing the World One Nonprofit at a Time.

(Photo from Ray's Facebook Page)

I am Thankful for so much of my summer, and how it has extended even to today! Glad I was able to Skype with Amy and Brittany this week, could call Breauna a few weeks ago, and can't wait to hit up John, Kathleen and Katie!

(Workin Hard, or Hardly Workin?)

Thanks: Justin, Kelsey, Nicole, Amy, Brittany, Breauna, John, Kathleen, Katie, Ray, Lorraine, Joanna, Joetta, Michael, Mrs. Chris .... and everyone else I met this summer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment