Friday, January 27, 2012

paint

After three days of non-stop cleaning (as in after school I would go to the house and clean for 5 hours each day and hardly even make a dent), I was finally able to start painting! Today I painted from 1:45 until 9:00 and I am still not done! Tomorrow I will be heading over first thing to get it done to try to be moved in this weekend!

I HATE TAPING! the first hour was seriously just taping everything. As mush as I hate it, you cant do it without it (seriously, by the end I was trying to just wing it.. and now I have to go back and do some minor touch up)

 I love to watch a lot of the shows on HGTV and DIY. When designing rooms for clients they always say that if you go bold, you wont regret it. so.. I went with ORANGE!!

 I bought the paint a few days ago, so it has just been sitting in the office taunting me making me second guess my decision to go so bold. Especially with a mother, when the first thing she says is "its going to look like Halloween!" I was just praying that when I put it on the walls it would look good!
I LOVE IT!

 This will probably be my favorite part of the room when its done! The Striped Wall.


 Looking good

 added grey in there! one more color to go (offwhite/cream)



 not quite finished yet. havent even started in the kitchen yet.


Yes, I have a lot to do. I still need to paint all the trim white, the doors white, a few walls white, paint the kitchen, finish painting the stripes (and make them look good), and do all the little touch ups that need to be finished! Can I do all that tomorrow?? I sure hope so!

1 comment: